PTA Positions Open!
The Parents and Teachers of Buena Vista Horace Mann need you!
(link to nomination/application form)
We have so many hopes, dream and visions for our children and the wonderful BVHM community. Come join us to make a difference by guiding the agenda, helping to determine how PTA funds are spent, coming up with fun activities to bring our families and community together to benefit our children. All are welcome, we need your vision!
We are currently accepting applications and nominations for leadership positions for the 2020-2022 term. Nominations are due no later than March 31, 2019. All candidates will be presented to the community at the April PTA meeting with voting to occur the week of May 20, 2019.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of an executive board to run a PTA effectively
- Presides at PTA board and association meetings
- Serves as the official contact, communicator and representative of a PTA
- Designated as an authorized signer for PTA checks, contracts and authorizations for payment
- Serves as ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
- Works with other PTA leaders to connect families, school and community to support student success
- Detailed Description of PTA President
- Takes minutes at PTA meetings (community and leadership) and presents them at the subsequent PTA meeting for approval
- Makes any necessary changes or edits based on feedback at PTA meeting
- Saves minutes and all other PTA correspondence
- Maintains and saves all PTA correspondence and important documents as outlined in the bylaws.
- Detailed Description of PTA Secretary
- Responsible for outgoing funds including:
- confirming expenses are approved,
- writing checks,
- obtaining signatures,
- entering transactions into Quickbooks
- maintaining appropriate records
- This individual generally also coordinates with the Auditor on a semi-annual basis to ensure timely completion of the audit.
- Works with a co-treasurer responsible for incoming funds and reporting.
- Detailed Description of PTA Treasurer (responsibilities shared with co-Treasurer)
|Vice President, Volunteer Coordinator
- Works with the PTA president, principal and teachers to coordinate volunteer opportunities at the school to support student success
- Collaborates with other PTA board members, teachers and administrators to assess and identify how parents/guardians and community members can get more involved at school as volunteers
- Oversees volunteer recruitment, training and assignments
- Promotes PTA goals, membership and activities as a PTA committee chairman or officer
- Detailed Description of PTA Volunteer Coordinator
|Vice President, Communications
- Works with the PTA to connect families with the school and the Beacon Center.
- Encourage family participation by helping to organize room parents in each class and/or work with each teacher.
- Works with event leads to coordinate effective communication of activities and important notices to families, students and staff
- Knowledge and ideas about website maintenance, communication tools, mailing lists a plus!
- Detailed Description of PTA VP, Communications
|Vice President, Event Support
- Connection to current and proposed events and happenings at the school.
- Support event leads in finding resources, answering questions, understanding past activities and making introductions as necessary to make sure event run smoothly.
- Posses or obtain regarding site permit process and scheduling, raffle requirements knowledge, logistics on school room use, insurance and loss prevention
- General knowledge of PTA supplies/resources to reduce duplication of spending on events
- Responsible for ensuring organization is compliant with bi-laws and compliance is documented
- Posses or obtains a detail knowledge of bi-laws and procedural matters
- Would be consulted on rules of order or to resolve disputes with respect to organizational powers and procedural matters
- Detailed Description of PTA Parliamentarian